Albuquerque Area Artistic Nude Art Show 2016
Prospectus and Call for Entries
The nude has been a part of human artwork as long as there have been humans. Because of our society's views on nudity, rarely do people get to see well-done artistic nude photos. This show is out to change that in our part of the world.
This show is open to photographers in the extended Albuquerque, NM metro area (Santa Fe through Socorro, Moriarty through Rio Puerco). If you are outside of this area and wish to submit images, please contact Kenneth. However, there must be some tie to the area.
The show will hang at the Artistic Image Gallery, 1101 Cardenas Dr. NE Suite 202 Albuquerque, NM 87110 from February 6, 2016 to March 29, 2016. You can contact Bob Laetare there by calling (505) 554-2706.
Important dates (these might slip):
|Date and time
|Midnight, December 14, 2015
||Image submission deadline
|Midnight, December 21, 2015
||Jury response deadline
|December 22, 2015
||Email about accepted images sent
|Midnight, January 18, 2016
||Data entry for accepted images (link for data entry will be sent in acceptance email)
|18:00, February 15, 2016
||Deliver images to The Artistic Image
|16:00 to 20:00, February 20, 2016
|18:00, April 22, 2016
||Show ends; pick up images anytime after this that the gallery is open.
|18:00, April 29, 2016
||Images must be picked up from the gallery.
- Images can be color, monochrome, or any other process
- The image must have started with a photograph of a mostly or completely unclothed human.
- Images can show males, females, or both.
- Images can be from any time; there is no requirement that they be recent.
- Models must be at least 18 years old at the time of the photography. By entering, you acknowledge that you have proof of the model's age.
- Models must have given their permission for the images to be shown through a model release.
- Images should be artistic and not pornographic. There is obviously a large gray area between these two, and we will let the jurying process make the call.
Image submission for jurying:
- You must hold the copyright on the image to enter it.
- Do not put watermarks, logos, etc on the image. This is to keep the jurying process as anonymous as possible.
- Submit JPEG images that are 1920 pixels on the long side. Images have no byte limit, only a pixel limit. Kenneth's email has no size limits, but yours might.
- Submit up to five images. You can use multiple email messages to submit them if needed.
- In the body of each email message, please have the following information: image title, your name, model's name, and any hair and makeup artists.
- Email the images to Kenneth Ingham at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of "Artistic nude submission".
- Have the image metadata field "Image Description" (Title) contain a title for the image and put your name in the "Image Artist" field. If you are unsure how to do this, contact Kenneth.
- Submit images by midnight MST, December 14, 2015.
- Images accepted for the show might be used for promotion and publicity of this show. If the show becomes a regular event, the images might be used for the next show as well. Image use will always be credited, and they will not be used in any way other than as described in this call for entries.
- The entry fee covers the cost of the reception, producing postcards announcing the show, etc.
- The entry fee is a fixed $10.00 (cash or check) or plus processing fees for credit card ($10.28) or PayPal ($10.59)).
- The entry fee is independent of how many images you submit (up to the max of five images).
- Pay the fee to either Kenneth Ingham or Bob Laetare.
- Payment needs to be received by the image submission deadline.
Jurying will be cooperative. Everybody who enters photos will be sent a link with all of the submitted photos and will rate the photos 1 (bad) to 10 (outstanding). Jurying will be completed by December 21, 2015 at midnight MST and the results announced shortly thereafter.
Image preparation for the show:
- Bob has offered a 20% discount on printing for the show that is done at The Artistic Image.
- Images accepted for the show must be printed and mounted.
- Framing is optional, but the images must be able to be hung. If you want to see how images hang in the gallery, drop by and talk with Bob Laetare.
- We are flexible about presentation, so if you want to deviate from these guidelines, please talk with Kenneth or Bob. The primary goal is that the presentation should complement the image.
- Mat is optional, but does enhance the image. If you mat your print, the mat should be at least 2 inches all around. Ideally, mats (if used) should be neutral: white, off-white, cream, tan, gray, dark gray, black, dark navy, dark forest green, dark navy, or dark maroon. You can have a stripe or two of color up to 1/4 in wide from a mat under the main mat. Again, the primary goal is that the presentation should complement the image; this point is guidance and not a hard-and-fast rule.
- Flush-mounted images are also acceptable, as are canvas images and other printing processes that will hang.
- Frames, if any, must be simple, preferably black. Again, the primary goal is that the presentation should complement the image.
- Minimum image size is 10 inches on the long side. Please be sure that your image will print well at this size before submitting it for consideration.
- Maximum image size including mat and frame is 24x36in.
- Images that vary substantially from what was submitted for jurying might not be shown.
- Images are for sale unless you indicate otherwise (by NFS). The gallery will keep 25% of the sale price.
- Deliver your images to The Artistic Image by February 15, 2016. You are responsible for getting the images to and from the gallery.
- Images need to be picked up by April 29, 2016 unless you have made other arrangements with the gallery.
- With your image, bring a printed copy of the model release and proof of the model's age. This information will not be shown, but will be stored for the duration of the show. If you have any questions, ask Kenneth or Bob.
- Questions about image insurance should be directed to Bob at The Artistic Image.
- Plan for entering online the following information to accompany your print. The link to the online form will be sent via email shortly after the deadline for image submission.
- Image title
- Copyright information, including your name (a pseudonym is OK)
- Image size
- Printing process
- Limited edition information, if any
- Unless the model has specifically requested it, provide the model's working name (not necessarily his or her real name)
- Any hair and make-up artists
- Selling price or NFS
- Optionally, other information about the image, limited to about two sentences.
- Optionally, your contact information such as email, web, phone, etc
There are no awards beyond being shown in the gallery.